Skip to main content

Happy Holidays - 17 Days to Christmas


Newsletter Sent 12/9/2010

Holiday bake sale 2010
Holiday Bake Sale
Made Fresh to Order - Local
Delivery! www.AppleButterNews.com/BakedGoods



In Flux – And A Bit Self Indulgent

I would like to wish a happy marry Holiday to all my friends in Utica, Syracuse and NYC.  Many of you have not heard from me in a while, I regret that. I seem to have a problem deciding and sticking with an idea of where I want to go with this newsletter. I have many friends who are spiritual but non-political, and others who are political but non-spiritual. So, over the past year I have made this newsletter almost exclusively about growing, finding and preparing healthy foods – which I do and always will care a great deal about and will continue to write about and advocate for. However, in hindsight I believe that was a mistake, and in part a betrayal of who I am, and I would like to take this time to apologize to my God and to my subscribers for not being my most authentic self.

That said, going forward the Apple Butter News – while maintaining a healthy living focus - is about to get a lot more spiritual and political in nature. For what can be healthier than being our best selves spiritually and showing our concern for our neighbors and our country by being politically aware and involved. Healthy living as a whole is Mind, Body and Spirit. Not just food (body).

To start – I recently bought a new phone and downloaded a Bible program (Bible, by YouVersion) and started a new reading plan. I would like to invite those interested in spiritual growth and upliftment to join me in this project. This will be the first of many reading selections of the Apple Butter News Bible Book Club.

Reading Plan Title and Description:
Project 3:45 is a simple, effective way to read the entire New Testament in one year. The plan involves reading one chapter per day five days a week and uses the weekends to catch up if you missed any days. The plan was named for the average of the three minutes and forty five seconds that it takes to read one New Testament chapter (obviously this time will vary due to individual reading rates, chapter lengths, and etc., … ) http://www.youversion.com/reading-plans/project-345

Bible Book Club
I will post a chosen scripture of the week from plan readings in this weekly email with a link to the rest of the week’s scriptures and comments on my Blog. (See blog update by next week)

The Apple Butter News Weekly will also contain political commentaries and links, healthy living news information and links, as well as new postings from AppleButterNewsClassifieds.com – where you can signup for a free account and post free classified ads to your hearts content.

Thank you for your continued support - or not; If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter please feel free to UNSUBSCRIBE below.

Yours truly,
Trishe Hamilton
Editor: AppleButterNews.com

AppleButterNewsClassifieds.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Whole Grains

Whole Grains Guide Written by Gloria Tsang, RD of HealthCastle.com Newsletter Published: 9/8/2010 (HealthCastle.com) You've probably heard a lot about how good for you whole grains can be. But do you really know what whole grains are – or why they're so beneficial? A grain is considered whole when all three parts – bran, germ and endosperm – are present. Most people know that fruits and vegetables contain beneficial phytochemicals and antioxidants , but many do not realize that whole grains are often an even better source of these key nutrients. In fact, whole grains are a good source of B vitamins, Vitamin E , magnesium , iron and fiber , as well as other valuable antioxidants not found in some fruits and vegetables. Most of the antioxidants and vitaminsare found in the germ and the bran of a grain Common Types of Whole Grains: wild rice brown rice whole wheat oatmeal whole oats barley whole rye bulgar popc

MLS 1500693

MLS 1500693 Great way to start the dream of owning income property. Own this 3 Unit income property. features two rented apartments with long term happy tenants, plus a huge 1st floor multi-room unfinished space. Use the income from the rented apartments to fix up the 1st floor. 1st floor is enough space to live and have a Dance, yoga, karate or other studio, or great office space, or use whole as vary spacious living space with 1 1/2 baths. Contact us for more info. phamilton@RealtyUSA.com   (315) 485-8518
Molasses: Good Iron and Calcium It was great to receive the information. I take a good multi-vitamin  with extra Iron, plus my doctor recommend I take an iron supplement as well. A side effect of the iron supplement is constipation. So thinks Joan’s doctor, I’m glad to know I can take two teaspoons of molasses instead. It’s pretty strong to just take on its own.  I tried it in coffee - not bad.  And I tried the recipe below using rice milk with a tablespoon of dark cocoa powder, a banana and 1 cup of frozen mixed berries in the blender. Very nice! A smooth way to get needed iron and calcium. Not too bad just mixed with warm water either - its was suprisingly rich, and I think a good rival to my morning coffee. See also: Blog update: Bible book club , and past articles uploaded. http://applebutternewsblog.blogspot.com/ Molasses - Iron Builder Recipe Ingredients :  - 2 Teaspoons Blackstrap Molasses - 1 Cup hot water or milk * Heat water or milk, add molasses. M